Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive.
I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive. [message #309723] Fri, 28 March 2008 10:15 Go to next message
liamadherne
Good Morning Admin People,

I am a new joinee of this form and i found it very productive.
Congratulations and thanks to all the members for providing such a quality service.

By seeing this forum you guys have incresed my expectation and I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive.
presently all the posts are offline, is there any way to make it interactive like chatting, like the available members will be discussing the issue in much interactively and will help this forum to achive extra milestones as the response time will increase and so will the resolution.

Thanks for providing the excellent job.

Have a Good Day

Regards,

Liam Adherne.
Re: I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive. [message #309727 is a reply to message #309723] Fri, 28 March 2008 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> like the available members will be discussing the issue in much interactively
How exactly?
Right now, all available members who want to contribute can post/reply to the thread.
If this would be like a chat room, it would be a total chaos.
How to identify, which member is responding to what thread?
If conversation is done privately, it does not help the purpose of a forum.

Re: I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive. [message #309783 is a reply to message #309723] Fri, 28 March 2008 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Most users ever online was 3807
How exactly do you plan to moderate chat of almost 4000 people? OK, not everyone would participate, but - how would you do that with 100 people? 50? No way, as far as I can tell. 3 members is fine, 4 is one too much, 5 is a mess. Then you'd ask for a private chat, and that's not what this place is about. Forum is a forum, chat is a chat.

Speaking for myself - no, I'm not interested. There's nothing permanent in chat and noone would benefit from it in the future. Forum posts are here all the time, Google finds them, you can always come back and enjoy code pearls which can be seen now and then.

I appreciate the idea, but I don't like it Smile
Re: I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive. [message #309863 is a reply to message #309783] Sat, 29 March 2008 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Blippin Y-genners. Attention span of a mouse-click.

Grumble, grumble, hurrumph....
Re: I would love to see this forum a bit more intractive. [message #310884 is a reply to message #309723] Wed, 02 April 2008 13:51 Go to previous message
liamadherne
I din't get you rleishman

But Mahesh Rajendran and Littlefoot you guys have a valid point.

Take care.
Previous Topic: "Product, version, OS" field disappear
Next Topic: System was down from 12:00 pm to 1:40 pm BDT time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:47:33 CDT 2024