Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to predefine to save the output file (Reports 6i)
How to predefine to save the output file [message #308272] Sun, 23 March 2008 04:49 Go to next message
dillango
Hi,

In Reports, how to predefine the output filename,Path to save and format (say pdf).

Actually my requirement is, when the user click the "Email" button, It should call the report and generate the output file name as a "pdf format" and the file has to be sent as a attachment to the receiver.

Any help please?

Ilango
Re: How to predefine to save the output file [message #308311 is a reply to message #308272] Mon, 24 March 2008 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dillango
Hi,

When I set the option "Destype" as mail, and "DESFORMAT" AS PDF,
by default it is creating "Report.pdf". but I need to specify my own file name and "DESNAME" should be the email address (it should pick from the table).
If I run the report, it is opening "Outlook". Actually, It should go without opening the "Outlook"

I searched this forum but did not get useful information.

Ilango

Re: How to predefine to save the output file [message #411602 is a reply to message #308311] Sun, 05 July 2009 23:39 Go to previous message
charuamit
hi

i m facing the same problem....did lot of search but didnt get anything....
How did you solve the problem...
Your help will be really appreciated..

Thanks in advance
Charu
Previous Topic: How to disable borders of frames and repeating frames in pdf file?
Next Topic: Datesas paramaeters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:04:41 CDT 2024