Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File.
Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File. [message #304781] Thu, 06 March 2008 10:16 Go to next message
manirocks
Hi Folks,

I have two application servers A and B( newly added ) .
1) Oracle 10g is loaded into D drive of A.
2) Oracle 10g is loaded into E drive of B.

Now in my database the rep2excel.exe is mapped for A.

Now i cannot alter my database for this.
is there any way that without altering my db, can i read from any env files which will be stored in forms\server\....env.

so that at login time only i can get the information and show the report to them in both the servers.

I'll put the rep2excel in the common path on both the servers.

Now please tell me is there any forms built is there which can help me out in this situation.

rgds,
mani

Re: Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File. [message #304824 is a reply to message #304781] Thu, 06 March 2008 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Why does the database need to know about 'rep2excel'? Isn't the work done at the AS level?

David
Re: Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File. [message #304974 is a reply to message #304824] Fri, 07 March 2008 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manirocks
Because previously there was only one Application server and we created on table called C which contains the parameters, we will read this parameters like rep2excel.exe, ias_path etc...

So now as two IAS are there i dont want to be invloved in database.

so how can this task can be acheived.
Re: Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File. [message #306809 is a reply to message #304974] Sun, 16 March 2008 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I'm going to move this question to the As forum.

David
Re: Needed help for reading the parameter from ENV File. [message #306902 is a reply to message #304781] Mon, 17 March 2008 03:42 Go to previous message
vijadianiarp
Hi,

If you can elaborate more then i can give some ideas, how you are using it , as i am using three application servers with lots of Enviornment vaiables added for our applications.

Of-course, my applications are Oracle Web Forms and Reports...

Thanks

Vijay Dwivedi
Previous Topic: Payroll software installation
Next Topic: FRM-92120 Registry.dat is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:56:12 CDT 2024