Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Query Builder 6i to 10g (Oracle 10g)
Query Builder 6i to 10g [message #296048] Thu, 24 January 2008 06:37 Go to next message
yamon
A new database instance has been created and users have been created with priveleges to query this database. However, if we give these users SQL Plus or SQL Developer, then they will be able to access other databases, and they have permissions to insert and update on these other databases, but this is usually controlled by granting them access only with Oracle Forms.

As we still use Forms 6i, we could give them Query Builder to only query the new database, but this is now unsupported for 10g, so Oracle suggests using query builder in the Reports Builder. I was wondering does anyone else have any suggestions to allow users to connect to a database to only query data, whilst also considering they should not be able to be given access to other databases where they have DML permissions?

Thanks
Re: Query Builder 6i to 10g [message #296053 is a reply to message #296048] Thu, 24 January 2008 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
they should not be able to be given access to other databases where they have DML permissions

Why they have DML privileges if they should not access to these databases?
This is the key point.
Whatever you do, if they have privileges to do something they they will be able to do it.

Regards
Michel
Re: Query Builder 6i to 10g [message #296090 is a reply to message #296048] Thu, 24 January 2008 10:12 Go to previous message
MarcL
Oracle Discoverer could work for you.

I would consider creating a Read Only role and grant that to the users in question.

Previous Topic: How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i
Next Topic: why i cant create synonym
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:17:32 CDT 2024