Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i
How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i [message #295657] Wed, 23 January 2008 00:40 Go to next message
kesavansundaram
Dear Sir / Madam,
I need to enable auditing ( SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE) against one patricular table in oracle 9.2.0.6.0.
i added one policy against that table using below..
dbms_fga.add_policy (
object_schema=>'BANK',
object_name=>'ACCOUNTS',
policy_name=>'ACCOUNTS_ACCESS'
);

and i queried thro
select timestamp,
db_user,
os_user,
object_schema,
object_name,
sql_text
from dba_fga_audit_trail;

iam getting output for ONLY SELECT statement...
TIMESTAMP DB_USER OS_USER OBJECT_SCHEMA OBJECT_NAME SQL_TEXT
----------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/23/2008 1 BDBSP Administrator BDBSP ACCOUNTS_TEST SELECT * FROM accounts_test

but i need to perform auditing for INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE also.
pls explain how to perform this.
thank you
kesavan.
Re: How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i [message #295665 is a reply to message #295657] Wed, 23 January 2008 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Why don't you just use AUDIT statement?

Regards
Michel
Re: How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i [message #295682 is a reply to message #295665] Wed, 23 January 2008 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kesavansundaram
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
Actually our database is in 9.2.0.6.0 ....but the URL which you have given is for 10g it seems. ( rel-2 ).H'ever, i tried the below
SQL> audit INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON BDBSP.ACCOUNTS_TEST;
Audit succeeded

SQL>

but iam not able to view the records after performing the DML on subject table...i tried in sys.aud$...
i have some list of views to get the output from sys.aud$

· DBA_AUDIT_EXISTS
· DBA_AUDIT_OBJECT
· DBA_AUDIT_SESSION
· DBA_AUDIT_STATEMENT
· DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL
· DBA_OBJ_AUDIT_OPTS
· DBA_PRIV_AUDIT_OPTS
· DBA_STMT_AUDIT_OPTS

for e.g
i did not get any rows when i query below:

SQL> select * from dba_audit_statement where owner = 'BDBSP' and obj_name = 'ACCOUNTS_TEST';

OS_USERNAME USERNAME USERHOST TERMINAL TIMESTAMP OWNER OBJ_NAME ACTION_NAME NEW_NAME OBJ_PRIVILEGE SYS_PRIVILEGE ADMIN_OPTION GRANTEE AUDIT_OPTION SES_ACTIONS COMMENT_TEXT SESSIONID ENTRYID STATEMENTID RETURNCODE PRIV_USED CLIENT_ID SESSION_CPU
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------- ------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------- ------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------------------- ------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------- ---------- ----------- ---------- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------

SQL>

pls guide me further.
thank you
kesavan.
Re: How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i [message #295695 is a reply to message #295682] Wed, 23 January 2008 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
audit_trail parameter should be set to DB or TRUE (or anything different from NONE or FALSE).
This is specified in the doc:
Quote:
To collect auditing results, you must set the initialization parameter AUDIT_TRAIL to DB.

You must restart the database after setting this parameter.

By the way, you can find the same thing in 9i documentation if you have a look at it.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 23 January 2008 02:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to enable auditing for a patricular table in oracle 9i [message #295705 is a reply to message #295695] Wed, 23 January 2008 02:31 Go to previous message
kesavansundaram
Thank you for your kind reply.
kesavan.
Previous Topic: sys dba authentication
Next Topic: Query Builder 6i to 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:55:57 CDT 2024