Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Problem with Save Workbook (oracle 10g)
icon11.gif  Problem with Save Workbook [message #290025] Thu, 27 December 2007 03:16 Go to next message
sahiti
Hi Freinds,

I have a small problem with the Discoverer Reports.We have Cleint servers from that, all the users will be accessing the reports. when users access these reprots if one user modify anything like layout or font those changes are saving in the server.

In the Client environment there infrastructure is also installed but still when a private user access and modifies those are visible for all users, to restrict that i want to remove the 'SAVE WORKBOOK Page'(i have attached it) from the set up.Inorder to do that what i need to do?

Please help me

Re: Problem with Save Workbook [message #290154 is a reply to message #290025] Thu, 27 December 2007 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Did you try to revoke the save privileges in the Administrator?
Re: Problem with Save Workbook [message #291155 is a reply to message #290154] Thu, 03 January 2008 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sahiti
Hi Skooman,

Thanks for the Reply.

I tried unchecking the "Save/Save As" option in the "Action Links" section from administrator page. But it is only removing the "Save/Save As" option from Actions items of the Report page.

When a user modifies anything and clicks on other worksheet, it is still asking whether to save the current worksheet. (with the options Cancel, Yes , No)

I want to remove this warning so that the selected worksheet should be displayed directly without saving any changes to the existing worksheet.

Re: Problem with Save Workbook [message #291252 is a reply to message #291155] Thu, 03 January 2008 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
That's weird. I've tested it, by revoking the save to database privileges from one user. Once connected as that user, I drag some columns around within an existing workbook and then I choose to open another workbook. I do get a warning that my chances are lost because I don't have the right to save them. But I don't get the question you show in your screendump.

What version of Discoverer are you using? Did you check metalink if it's a bug in that version? I tested it using 10.1.2.45.46c.
Re: Problem with Save Workbook [message #291428 is a reply to message #291252] Fri, 04 January 2008 03:11 Go to previous message
sahiti
Hi Skooman,

Thank you very much.I forgot to uncheck the option in Administrator.Now it is working fine

Thank you once again

Regards
Sahiti
Previous Topic: How to display "no data found" when query returns no records?
Next Topic: unable to sort date function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 08:29:15 CDT 2024