Home » Other » Training & Certification » How to find the Space used by the objects and Max Space allocated for the objects (Oracle 10g)
How to find the Space used by the objects and Max Space allocated for the objects [message #289691] Tue, 25 December 2007 08:42 Go to next message
saspance
Hi ,
Can any body let me know "How to find the Space used by the objects and Max Space allocated for the objects" in a single query.
Also can any body let me know the usage of the following column "Bytes" in the following tables :

1. dba_tablespaces
2. dba_data_files
3. dba_free_space

Thanking you all in Advance,

With Regards,

Saravanan
Re: How to find the Space used by the objects and Max Space allocated for the objects [message #289693 is a reply to message #289691] Tue, 25 December 2007 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

>"How to find the Space used by the objects
select bytes/1024/1024 "mb" from user_segments where segment_name='TABLE_NAME';

>let me know the usage of the following column "Bytes" in the >following tables :
for dba_data_files,dba_free_space
BYTES NUMBER
Size of the file in bytes

and where you find bytes column in dba_tablespaces ?
Re: How to find the Space used by the objects and Max Space allocated for the objects [message #289697 is a reply to message #289691] Tue, 25 December 2007 09:41 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Database Reference contains the description of catalog views, read it instead of asking others to make your homework.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Fixed Assets (merged 2 threads)
Next Topic: Query regarding correlated sub-query and top-n
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:21:40 CDT 2024