Home » Other » Training & Certification » where are the statistics stored
where are the statistics stored [message #276171] Wed, 24 October 2007 04:43 Go to next message
nani_ar
Hi all,

When we collect the statistics either using STATSPACK,DBMS_STAT,AWR or utlbstat/utlestat, where are the statistics stored in the database...i.e in which views/tables are the statistics stored?

Sorry, if i m posing the question wrong, but this was the question asked in an interview...

All the replies are welcome

Regards
nani
Re: where are the statistics stored [message #276232 is a reply to message #276171] Wed, 24 October 2007 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
If you don't know the answer to this, and you are unable to find it yourself, there is no point in knowing, as you would not know what to do with it anyway.
To study things like these, you better search in the docs at http://tahiti.oracle.com
Re: where are the statistics stored [message #276387 is a reply to message #276232] Thu, 25 October 2007 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nani_ar
hi frank,

its not that i dont know what to do with them. we can run the reports and analyse the performance. but the thing is actually, when we run the above mentioned packages/procedures, where are the results stored in the data dictionary?

let us say, we analyse a table.After analysing we can get the last_analysed column value to check when it was analysed. But where does this info gets stored?

Plz clarify,

Regards

nani
Re: where are the statistics stored [message #276399 is a reply to message #276387] Thu, 25 October 2007 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
What I mean is that you would not be able to interpret any of the data you will find. For that you need the ability to search the docs or use Google.
With that ability you would be able to find the requested tables as well.
Re: where are the statistics stored [message #277018 is a reply to message #276171] Sun, 28 October 2007 00:24 Go to previous message
el33t
i'm also newbie but as far as i know AWR stuff is stored in segments in the SYSAUX tablespace.

You can better get the reports from Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid.

Start OEM(Linux):

emctl start dbconsole

http://localhost:1158/em

By statistics do you really mean the ones that CBO uses to check cost and select execution plan??

Well then you better have look at DBMS_STATS create,export,import procedures...and then also you won't be able to interpret the information Very Happy

and some views like USER_TAB_STATISTICS etc..if u have toad put filter ends with STATISTICS on SYS views.

I hope what i posted above makes sense..me too a newbie..

just my 2 cents!
Previous Topic: UTL_FILE
Next Topic: Oracle DBA Training info
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:35:24 CDT 2024