Home » Other » Training & Certification » order of steps to complete OCP
order of steps to complete OCP [message #274519] Tue, 16 October 2007 05:00 Go to next message
asangapradeep
Hi,

On the oracle steps for completing the OCP are listed as

following a instructor led course -> doing the  OCP exam -> submitting the relevant forms

Is it possible to do the OCP exam first and then follow the instructor led course and submit the relevant forms? Anyone has completed OCP this way?
Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274521 is a reply to message #274519] Tue, 16 October 2007 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't know but myself I never did the first step. Cool

Regards
Michel
Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274525 is a reply to message #274521] Tue, 16 October 2007 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asangapradeep
Hi Michel,

so you did the OCP exam and that's it?

Quote:

Approved list of Oracle University Courses for Hands on Course Requirement
Courses that currently fulfill hands-on course requirements are below. Please note that only instructor-led inClass or
instructor-led online courses from the approved list of Oracle University courses count toward the training requirement.
Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses are excellent study and reference tools but DO NOT meet the Hands-on
Requirement for certification, with the exception of the
Migration Training course for Siebel 7.7 certification upgrade. Oracle reserves the right to modify this list of classes
without warning or notification.

Candidates must attend their approved course through one of these providers:

Quote:

Hands On Course Requirement Form

The Hands On Course Requirement Form is the final requirement
in obtaining most OCM or OCP certifications. Submitting the Hands On Course Requirement Form will accomplish two tasks
related to your certification:

It will trigger a request for Oracle to verify your attendance
in an approved hands-on Course.

After your attendance has been verified by Oracle, the form
will generate a permanent record in Oracle's and Prometric's certification databases, showing that you have met the
requirement. The record will become part of your personal
certification history, identifiable as "OCP Hands On Course Requirement".

Who should submit it?

All candidates pursuing an Oracle OCP or OCM certification who have attended the approved hands-on Course.
Candidates who are exempt from the Oracle9i hands-on course requirement because they took their first exam on or before
September 1, 2002 (this exemption applies to Oracle9i DBA OCP candidates).
Candidates who are upgrading their existing Siebel credential from a previous version.
Oracle Academy students
Introduction to Computer Science and Business (formerly Oracle Academy)
Advanced Computer Science and Business (formerly Oracle Academic Initiative)
Enterprise Business Applications and Processes (formerly Oracle Academic Initiative Applications)
Oracle Workforce Development Program students

Who should not submit it?

Candidates who are upgrading their existing Oracle DBA OCP credential from a previous version.

Candidates who are required to attend a hands-on course but who have not yet attended it.

i guess u upgraded

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2007 07:11] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274554 is a reply to message #274525] Tue, 16 October 2007 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

i guess u upgraded

Yes I did but doesn't this answer your question?

Regards
Michel
Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274716 is a reply to message #274554] Tue, 16 October 2007 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asangapradeep
No it doesn't my guess is you had done ocp in a previous db version and then upgraded to a new version.

I'm asking about a situation where you do OCA (lets say 10g) and then go to do OCP (10g).
Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274732 is a reply to message #274716] Wed, 17 October 2007 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
All depends on what OCP track you're talking about. As far as I know, there's no course requirement for Oracle Forms Developer. But I guess you're talking about the DBA OCP. When I look at this page I don't see any order in which you have to take the exams. And this is consistent with the exams I took: there's no explicit order.

MHE
Re: order of steps to complete OCP [message #274782 is a reply to message #274519] Wed, 17 October 2007 02:28 Go to previous message
asangapradeep
thank you
Previous Topic: SQL-aggregate function
Next Topic: Search for PL/SQL books
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:33:12 CDT 2024