Home » Other » Training & Certification » Data Dictionary...........
Data Dictionary........... [message #258481] Sun, 12 August 2007 11:05 Go to next message
naveenkumar001

Hi,

I searched a lot in net but i was not able to find the information the 1 & 2 question, but i found the information of 3rd question but i dint understand it. Can anyone please help me in this matter.

Q1) Why cant static data dictionary views(USER_,ALL_, DBA_)be accessed in nomount and mount phase but it is accessed only in open phase?
Q2) Why only Dynamic performance views(v$) can be accessed when database is in nomount,mount and open phase?
Q3) Whats the meaning of catproc.sql it states that "It creates procedural options and utilities for PL/SQL".

Regards,
Naveen
Re: Data Dictionary........... [message #258484 is a reply to message #258481] Sun, 12 August 2007 12:07 Go to previous message
ebrian
Q1 & Q2
Fixed tables are compiled into the Oracle kernel and the V$ tables are based on the fixed tables, therefore these are the only ones that are available prior to OPEN.

Q3
catproc.sql essentially does what it states, it creates most of the Oracle supplied packages.

Previous Topic: forms6i,reports6i,oracle
Next Topic: Oracle Apps Institute in Delhi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:01:44 CDT 2024