Home » Other » Client Tools » doubt in sql*plus
doubt in sql*plus [message #256697] Mon, 06 August 2007 06:57 Go to next message
shahnazurs
In sql*plus i have done one DML operation and i just give exit without commiting the transaction.
when i see the table from another table, i could see that transaction!!!
how this is possible?

i have checked autocommit, it is off only

Thanks.
Re: doubt in sql*plus [message #256701 is a reply to message #256697] Mon, 06 August 2007 07:00 Go to previous message
Maaher
You have the wrong idea about what the autocommit feature actually does.
From that fine documentation
SET AUTO[COMMIT]{ON | OFF | IMM[EDIATE] | n}

Controls when Oracle Database commits pending changes to the database after SQL or PL/SQL commands.

ON commits pending changes to the database after Oracle Database executes each successful INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE, or PL/SQL block. OFF suppresses automatic committing so that you must commit changes manually (for example, with the SQL command COMMIT). IMMEDIATE functions in the same manner as ON. n commits pending changes to the database after Oracle Database executes n successful SQL INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE commands, or PL/SQL blocks. n cannot be less than zero or greater than 2,000,000,000. The statement counter is reset to zero after successful completion of n INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE commands or PL/SQL blocks, a commit, a rollback, or a SET AUTOCOMMIT command.

SET AUTOCOMMIT does not alter the commit behavior when SQL*Plus exits. Any uncommitted data is committed by default.

MHE
Previous Topic: Connection using sql*plus
Next Topic: connection using sqlplus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:39:32 CDT 2024