Home » Infrastructure » Unix » 10g upgrade roadblock on hpux V11.11
10g upgrade roadblock on hpux V11.11 [message #256322] Fri, 03 August 2007 16:40 Go to next message
hpuxmel
I am the sysadmin on this box where dba's forwarded me a screen capture of their upgrade process where the process says, it can not find kernel parameters bit_size, no_exec_user_stack.

I have been doing hpux administration for more than 10 years and never heard these kernel parameters and a deep search of hpux forums as well as hp's documentation site, did not yield a single thing.

I am wondering if there is anyone who knows anything about this hurdle and how to tackle it.

I will be eternally indebted to you if you can make my day with your answer Smile

Thanks in advance

Mel
Re: 10g upgrade roadblock on hpux V11.11 [message #256323 is a reply to message #256322] Fri, 03 August 2007 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Check it for Idea

http://cc.cpe.ku.ac.th/~jim/sysadmin/solaris-5-customize.html

can you post screen??
Or oracle ERROR nos.
Re: 10g upgrade roadblock on hpux V11.11 [message #256748 is a reply to message #256323] Mon, 06 August 2007 08:52 Go to previous message
hpuxmel
DreamzZ wrote on Fri, 03 August 2007 14:43
Check it for Idea

http://cc.cpe.ku.ac.th/~jim/sysadmin/solaris-5-customize.html

can you post screen??
Or oracle ERROR nos.

Unfortunately, solaris and HP-UX has different kernels and kernel parameters. As a matter of fact, when I looked up these two missing kernel parameters, all I could come up with was related to Sun Solaris related web pages.

Our DBAs run the upgrade executable or what-have-you, given to them by Oracle corp. and I am under the impression that, with a multi million dollar contract, they did not give us the executable for solaris, albeit, knowing how some big corp.s develop software, there could be remnants of some solaris development in the HP-UX code.

Here is the oracle installer screen capture from our DBAs attached to this message.

/forum/fa/2839/0/
  • Attachment: oraerror.jpg
    (Size: 217.83KB, Downloaded 2446 times)
Previous Topic: know processor details
Next Topic: How to assign each line to a variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:10:19 CDT 2024