Home » Other » Training & Certification » TestKing is ok?
icon5.gif  TestKing is ok? [message #250128] Sun, 08 July 2007 09:37 Go to next message
marcosbr
Hi Friends:

I'm preparing for the 1z0-007 Introduction to Oracle9i SQL.
I am a little worried because I've done some evaluation tests like: TestKing, Bosson, Sybex and others and I don't know if I'm well prepared.

A friend said that the Exam is similar to TestKing, but is good Idea to do the more quantity of test possible.

What do you thing about, the exam is similar to TestKing, a little harder or less?

About to do the 1z0-007 I know that is old but I’ve prepared it and after that i going to begin prepare for Oracle10 (but i don’t want to discuss it in this opportunity Smile ).

Ok, that’s all, sorry for my nervous Smile , if you can give some suggests would be great, my exam is in two days.

And sorry for my bad English.

Marcos
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250134 is a reply to message #250128] Sun, 08 July 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
One thing I can say: there are many errors in TestKing answers.

Regards
Michel
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250147 is a reply to message #250128] Sun, 08 July 2007 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcosbr
that is truth
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250208 is a reply to message #250147] Mon, 09 July 2007 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
If I recall correctly, Microsoft has already filed a federal lawsuit against TestKing in the USA. I am against those sites. Furthermore, if it is a "braindump" thingie, so is Oracle.

MHE
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250258 is a reply to message #250128] Mon, 09 July 2007 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcosbr
Hi
Maaher thanks a lot for you answer.

Just I've someone.
Why do you say that you don't like sites like TestKing? In the Oracle web site i saw some test that you can buy (if I'm not wrong).

I think that: who did just internet test and didn't study at moment to work..this person will have serious problems, is not my case.

Personally I have started my studies with: SQL Reference, Administrator Guide, and Introduction to Oracle9i SQL and I did all the practices. But I've a friend that is DBA Oracle and SQL server who give this additional test and he is a very good professional.

I guess it's like the university you have to opportunities at same time: to approve and to really learn, and you have to put attention in both.

I saying it not for fight juts I want to know what I doing wrong and how do you recommend studying then I can improve myself.

Thanks a lot

Marcos
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250277 is a reply to message #250258] Mon, 09 July 2007 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Marcos wrote
Why do you say that you don't like sites like TestKing? In the Oracle web site i saw some test that you can buy (if I'm not wrong).
The links you'll find at Oracle's website are approved by Oracle. Do they differ from braindump websites when it comes to content? I wouldn't know. I never saw TestKing nor the others. I've just studied and went for the exams when my boss decided I was ready (pretty quick when I think about it).
Basically, I think it is a copyright matter. Sites like TestKing make use of questions smuggled out of exams or obtained in a less legal way and make money from it. That's why Microsoft has sued them and that's why sites like OraFAQ don't distribute dumps. They are illegal.

Marcos wrote
I think that: who did just internet test and didn't study at moment to work..this person will have serious problems, is not my case.
You are entirely right. But I bet that your colleague didn't really need those additional tests in the first place.

Personally I don't like braindumps. At all. A couple of reasons are:
- They have started with someone who passed them along, denying the copyright. It already started wrong.
- They bring down the value of a certification. If a company has bad experience with a 'braindump OCP', chances are they won't think high of the OCP logo on your resume.
- Braindump sites often ask money for questions they have obtained themselves in an illegal way. So they steal twice: from the companies and from their 'members', 'abonnees' or whatever they call the people they take money from.

But that is a personal opinion. For the position of OraFAQ in all this, have a look at the announcement in this section.

MHE
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250348 is a reply to message #250128] Mon, 09 July 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcosbr
Hi Maarten

Your second respond were harder to understand the English (my English is not so good yet). Smile

Thanks a lot for share your experience.

I think that the best way to obtain well planned objectives are doing the right thing (working or studding) .

But...I don't understand well your experience (sorry for my bad English again):
- Your boss decides for you when you'll do the exam?
- Can I conclude that you did all the exams at moment just with official papers and test from company approved by oracle? That’s right?

Cheers

Marcos
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #250451 is a reply to message #250348] Tue, 10 July 2007 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
marcosbr wrote on Mon, 09 July 2007 20:56
Your second respond were harder to understand the English (my English is not so good yet). Smile
Your English is good enough, it is better than my Spanish Wink.

I think that the best way to obtain well planned objectives are doing the right thing (working or studding) .
I think you are right. Just like for any other exam: study and exercise. But again: that is my personal opinion.

- Your boss decides for you when you'll do the exam?
Your are right. My boss decided that I had to do the exams. I didn't even know it existed. I had just left school and started working. He needed people with OCP. I was one of them. He asked me if I wanted to do it and I did. Then he gave me some time and when he thought I was ready he just told me and registered for me. The exam center was a not far from the office.
- Can I conclude that you did all the exams at moment just with official papers and test from company approved by oracle? That’s right?
I just used the official papers (exam details from Oracle) and documentation. I also used the demo software from Self Test Software. I downloaded the demo just to see what the questions would look like. I didn't use any other exams, papers, ... . There were 5 exams at that time:
  1. 1Z0-001 Introduction to Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
  2. 1Z0-101 Develop PL/SQL Program Units
  3. 1Z0-111 Developer/2000 Forms 4.5 I
  4. 1Z0-112 Developer/2000 Forms 4.5 II
  5. 1Z0-113 Developer/2000 Reports 2.5

A couple of years later I did an additional exam:
  • 1Z0-130 Oracle Forms Developer Rel. 1 to Rel. 6/6i New Features

And I did them all without testking or any other website. Perhaps I was lucky?

But once you have experience, the OCP becomes less important I think.

MHE
Re: TestKing is ok? [message #251495 is a reply to message #250128] Fri, 13 July 2007 17:10 Go to previous message
marcosbr
thanks a lot Maarten

I did the exam and i did well Smile !!

your suggestions are very good I'll keep it in mind.

Ciao

Marcos
Previous Topic: Survey at first time?
Next Topic: Oracle Financials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:21:54 CDT 2024