Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » New Server but performance still the same
New Server but performance still the same [message #249031] Tue, 03 July 2007 02:08 Go to next message
alpaje
Greetings,
Recently I purchase a new Proliant server, running with two dual-core Xeon Processor and a 4GB Ram. I have also installed 2 Smart Array Card, connected to different disk set so that I can separate my Datafiles & Logfiles (as recommended by Oracle). I am running on Windows 2003 Svr Ent R2 (32bit) OS.

I have also include /3GB in my boot.ini so as to let Oracle SGA to fully utilised the 3GB RAM. However, when I run Oracle Configuration Assistant, Oracle can only allocated 2GB Ram, instead of 3GB, is that a problem?

After I have done with my installation and configuration of Oracle 9i DB, i asked my application guy to proceed with their table creation/installaion.

Once they have done with the tables installation/creation. They told me there were not improvement at all when they were doing the testing.

I was shocked to heard that, after all, my hardware spec is double of what I am using nw. Is there a possibility that something is not right in their code?

Pls advice. Thanks
Re: New Server but performance still the same [message #249040 is a reply to message #249031] Tue, 03 July 2007 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can change your B707 for a Concorde you will not arrive faster if you're still waiting at the booking office.

Regards
Michel
Re: New Server but performance still the same [message #249491 is a reply to message #249031] Wed, 04 July 2007 11:58 Go to previous message
michael_bialik
I bought a Ferrary recently, but why it's so slow without wheels??

Previous Topic: Perfomance problem due to Distinct clause
Next Topic: 99% Hit-Ratio but poor performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 20:22:15 CDT 2024