Home » Other » Client Tools » editing sql commands
editing sql commands [message #247924] Wed, 27 June 2007 09:48 Go to next message
apuw
Hi

I do remote login and access oracle account on Unix system, when I login from my office pc I can edit sql commands .
For ex at SQL prompt if I write any sql command I can use backspace and change it .
But from my home pc if i need to change sql command typed on prompt it gives some characters with backspace key .
So I can not edit it .
How can I edit sql commands or pl/sql program typed .
pls help

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2007 09:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: editing sql commands [message #247932 is a reply to message #247924] Wed, 27 June 2007 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jrich
Sounds like a terminal emulation problem. Whatever program you are using, look for a configuration option for the backspace key. It should have a choice: backspace sends delete or backspace sends backspace. Change it to the opposite setting and try editing.

JR
Re: editing sql commands [message #247937 is a reply to message #247924] Wed, 27 June 2007 10:27 Go to previous message
Frank
give the following command on the unix prompt prior to starting sqlplus:
stty erase [press backspace key here, will probably show as ^?]

btw, this has not a lot to do with Oracle... if you mistype on the unix commandline, you get the same chars for a backspace
Previous Topic: SQL Plus, suppress these lines
Next Topic: Japanese characters while taking report from TOAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:46:44 CDT 2024