Home » Server Options » Replication » Clarification for Replication
Clarification for Replication [message #240500] Fri, 25 May 2007 01:30 Go to next message
rao_papa
Hi Guys,

I need small clarification regarding Replication. I was using
Oracle 10g Express Edition. We were maintaining Centralised Server in one place across the world Enterprises will connect from their database to Centrealised Database Server. Whenever DML operation will occur in any database that data should replicate across enterprises.

For this i have created materialized view, its working for basic level replication, for advance level i have created Materialized view for update clause , i applied DML operation on this view its working whenever i commit its rollbacking the data, its not replicating into master tables. Why ?

Is there any reason in this means please suggest as early as possible.

Thanking you,
Paparao
Re: Clarification for Replication [message #240881 is a reply to message #240500] Sun, 27 May 2007 03:32 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Oracle Database XE supports materialized views replication but, if you have more than a couple of users running XE, that can be overkill. A better solution would be to create a set of stored procedures on the client-side (in XE). Those procedures would clean up old data and repopulate with the latest and greatest data.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/cunningham-database-xe.html
Previous Topic: Materalized views and fast and complete refresh
Next Topic: Oracle Log of DML Commands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:18 CDT 2024