Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH
FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233000] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:47 Go to next message
bbaz
Can someone tell me if FORMS90 and FORMS90_PATH registry key are the same? I have just installed OraAS9i and I don't have a FORMS90_PATH key only FORMS90.

One more thing, in order to change the default Forms PATH in the registry, do I have to put each and every Direcetory and Sub-directory if the forms are residing in different locations?

Thanks in advance,
Baz
Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233133 is a reply to message #233000] Tue, 24 April 2007 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeshanali76

Y u change Forms path??? do u want to keep ur forms in any other directory????? then tell me i will give u solution....

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh@inbox.com
Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233183 is a reply to message #233133] Wed, 25 April 2007 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaz
Hi there,

Thanks for your response. I have several Directories where the FORMS are residing. The issue is that my forms directories have a certain structure that I cannot modify (implemented by our client).

Forms sit in one directory while Libraries sit in another for example. Shall I include all the different Directories in the Registry Key, FORMS90?

Currently my default Forms Dir (registry key FORMS90) is:
D:\Ora9i_AppServ\FORMS90

Under this root, I have to put several FORMS folders and sub-folders.

Searching this Forum, I understood that the best practice is modify the Registry key FORMS90_PATH and not any default.env file.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233613 is a reply to message #233000] Thu, 26 April 2007 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeshanali76

Very Simple it is don't worry. How to do let see

U have serveral forms related to different module like HRM, Finance, Production and so on ok (different applications)

U do not need to change any path in by default installation of iAS ok.

What u have done??

in $OH/forms90/server directory there would a file named default.env copy it with as per ur application names like hrm.env finance.env and so on. then change the forms path in every .env file as per ur requirement like in hrm

FORMS90=d:\applications\hrm\forms as per ur path

understand.

it is done in every env file that u have copied.

Now when configuring ur application in formsweb.cfg

It is formsweb.cfg ok
[hrm]
EnvFile=hrm.env (There would be forms path)
form=main.fmx

[finance]
EnvFile=finance.env
form=abc.fmx

Thats all. if anything u could not understand then email me at zesh@inbox.com. i would be there for u. Now how to get reports it is different matter. first configure form then v will do reports.

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh@inbox.com

Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233794 is a reply to message #233613] Fri, 27 April 2007 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaz
Thanks, your help is appreciated.

I will email you if I need further clarification. But one more thing, I thought it is recommended to modify the registry path and not the .ENV files!!!

Regards,
Baz
Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #233978 is a reply to message #233000] Sat, 28 April 2007 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zeshanali76

This solution that i wrote here i m running it. Y r u changing in Registry, if it be corrupt then what u would do??? I m telling u the write way. Just first copy the default.env and create .env files for ur several applications and change the forms path in every .env file as per ur requirement. ok

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh@inbox.com
Re: FORMS90 vs FORMS90_PATH [message #234197 is a reply to message #233978] Mon, 30 April 2007 07:42 Go to previous message
bbaz
Thanks for the recommendation. I do believe that you are running this solution and it is working well.

In my case, I need to simulate exact environment, so I cannot go with this alternative but thanks anyhow. I am sure that the client has modified the FORMS90_PATH key in order to point to the forms, the Key is as follows:

Value 19
Name: FORMS90
Type: REG_SZ
Data: D:\ora9ias\forms90

Value 20
Name: FORMS90_PATH
Type: REG_SZ
Data: E:\PACS\Std_lib;E:\PACS\Cdeforms;E:\PACS\Cdeforms\a;E:\PACS\Cdeforms\b;E:\PACS\Cdeforms\m;E:\PACS\Cdeforms\r;E:\PACS\Cdeforms\R\Marin e;E:\PACS;

MY QUESTION REMAINS. DO I NEED TO CREATE THIS KEY MANUALLY AS I DON'T HAVE IT BY DEFAULT? I ONLY HAVE FORMS90 registry key!!!

Guys, your help is appreciated.

Regards,
Baz

GOT IT, I HAD TO CREATE THE FORMS90_PATH KEY MANUALLY.
And it works fine

Thanks to all,
Baz

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2007 09:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Forms10g r 2 Problem ( runing slow )
Next Topic: How to - Question about running App server on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:05:14 CDT 2024