Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » manage my old archive logs
manage my old archive logs [message #228783] Wed, 04 April 2007 03:11 Go to next message
dashraf
Dear All,

I have a situation where my archived logs sizes coming bigger and bigger, why? because I removed the 'delete input' from my backup script.

I have two physical standby databases and when the 'delete input' was in my script I lost archived logs that were not transfered to my standby databases, so I desided to stop the delete in my scripts.

and Now I have many archived logs that needs to be deleted and also to automate this delete in a script after my initial backup script to delete old archived logs. for example: to delete old archived logs from 'sysdate -3' to 'sysdate -1'

By this I gurantee the transfer of logs before deleting and tidy up by archivelog directory. Can someone help?
Re: manage my old archive logs [message #228914 is a reply to message #228783] Wed, 04 April 2007 09:17 Go to previous message
ebrian
You may want to set the following in your RMAN configuration:
configure archivelog deletion policy to applied on standby;

With this, the archive logs won't be eligible for deletion until they have been successfully applied to all manadatory standby databases.
Previous Topic: New DBA trying recovery scenarios
Next Topic: Export Error EXP-00008 and ORA-00904
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 01:07:38 CDT 2024