Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Active/Passive Solution With 9iAS R2
icon5.gif  Active/Passive Solution With 9iAS R2 [message #223312] Thu, 08 March 2007 07:40 Go to next message
kristerh
Hi All,

Do anyone out there have any experience in active/passive 9iAS R2 solutions, my developers ask for a solution where they can deploy OC4J packages on one node(the passive node) and then when verified make it the active node and deploy to the other node. The system contains 2 web cache servers, two single node 9iAS servers(only one node is used) and a db server 9iR2 with the Infrastructure db on it and prod database. OID is on a single node and we do not use SSO, on the same node we have reports and discoverer.
So, I want to go from a single node iAS solution to using both nodes where one is passive and is used to deploy new code on and to verify it, and then switch it to be the active node. Is there a way to do this without clustering the iAS nodes and how would that be configured. If making this on two single nodes is not possible, how would a two node cluster config with manual switch look like. Or, is there an other way to do this?

Regards,

Kristerh
Re: Active/Passive Solution With 9iAS R2 [message #223799 is a reply to message #223312] Sun, 11 March 2007 13:05 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

Dear kristerh,

Nice Scenerio, look what i have done in my environment. I Installed on iAS on Linux, u can say it passive server. Credentials like oracle user passwords, iAS group password I gave to programmers also they develop, deploy and test the application ok. If done then i just replaced the files/folders on iAS running on Solaris within no time. There is one time deployment on both servers for one application then i just replace the files/folders given to me by programmers.

It may not ur solution but u can try it. Thanx

Zeeshan Ali Awan
zesh76@msn.com
Previous Topic: Report Server
Next Topic: Oracle Forms 9i runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:33:03 CDT 2024