Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page
How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page [message #223017] Wed, 07 March 2007 03:51 Go to next message
patricksreih
Hi there,
I would be really grateful if anyone would find me a solution to the following scenario:

In my company, we have a project where we have to convert Oracle Forms and Reports to Java Web Application. The conversion of forms is being done thourgh JSF/ADF technology but how can i open an Oracle Report from a JSF page after supplying it with parameters ? Or i have to do some type of conversion before ?

Once again i would be thankfull for your replies.
Re: How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page [message #223060 is a reply to message #223017] Wed, 07 March 2007 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kmmfoo
The definitive document on the topic of how to invoke Oracle reports is their document "B14048" called "Publishing Reports to the Web". You can get it from the OTN website, the most recent copy can be downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/reports.html

That said, it's a lo-o-o-ong manual. The short answer to your question is that, to open an Oracle report, you identify the URL of that report on your report server, then pass the report parameters to that URL as either FORM or QUERYSTRING input. That is, your JSF app would be responsible for prompting the user and collecting their input, then validating it and passing it to the report server as if that were just another web page.

Hope this helps.
Re: How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page [message #223083 is a reply to message #223060] Wed, 07 March 2007 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
patricksreih
Thanks a lot for your answer.
the reports are done on Oracle 6i .
Re: How to open an Oracle Report from a JSF Page [message #223084 is a reply to message #223083] Wed, 07 March 2007 08:43 Go to previous message
kmmfoo
Oh... sorry. I don't know anything about version 6.
Previous Topic: Pin Java Stored Procedure in Memory
Next Topic: Java Stored Procedures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:50 CDT 2024