Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Oracle 9i Backup/Restore with Data Guard Issues
Oracle 9i Backup/Restore with Data Guard Issues [message #219924] Fri, 16 February 2007 14:01 Go to next message
Ista
Greetings,

I am currently using Oracle 9i Data Guard to have a Primary/Standby model.
The current implementation compares the backup piece id from the backed up image (taken from the Primary) with the backup piece id on the Standby db. If the number are not equal then the restore will fail.
1- Is this the best implementation for restoring on a standby?
2- Would it be better to give a permitted gap range between the backup piece ids between the two databases? and if so what would be an acceptable range?
3- In case the gap range discussed in #2 above is allowed, when the Standby is started as primary and the primary set to be standby, would the Data Guard automatically tries to retrieve all the missing archive/redo log files from the primary db?

Thanks
Re: Oracle 9i Backup/Restore with Data Guard Issues [message #220905 is a reply to message #219924] Thu, 22 February 2007 12:26 Go to previous message
email.sandeepnaik
Please explain in brief, how your data guard is setup and how archivelog gets appled on standby.

Sandeep
Previous Topic: Create user on logical standby database differently from the primary db
Next Topic: DataGuard HELP!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:39:30 CDT 2024