Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » dbms_xmlgen / Clob search and replace?
dbms_xmlgen / Clob search and replace? [message #216243] Thu, 25 January 2007 13:53
wakeboarder3780
I currently am writing a pl/sql pkg that will handle outputting a file containing the result of a SQL statement in XML format( using dbms_xmlgen ). I can successfully output the XML just fine. The problem is that the program that uses this XML output file needs camel-case sensitivity. Example (ThisIsCamelCase). I have a procedure that does this for the RowSetTag and RowTag, but I do not know how to get the actual columns from the select statement in camel-case.

The only way in the SQL part is to use AS and give each column an alias which I did, however SQL ignores case anyway, so this does me no good because it treats the camel-case alias the same as the column name (in all upper case).

Another option I was thinking of was perhaps pre-processing the XML Clob before putting it out to a file. Is there any way to search and replace in a clob? Otherwise I could probably write my own procedure that searches and replaces within that Clob and writes to another, but that is wasteful of resources.
Does anyone know of a good solution for this?

Thanks,
Russ Schampers
Previous Topic: see my jsp error dscon$jsp.java [67:1] cannot resolve symbol (not configer tomcate datasource)
Next Topic: geting value from xmlType using select extractvalue without validating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:48:48 CDT 2024