Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » OCFS and adding a datafile
OCFS and adding a datafile [message #211250] Wed, 27 December 2006 10:41 Go to next message
mfreeze
This is more of an FYI. We are running Oracle9i and have a RAC using an OCFS partition on an HP SAN. It seems today one of our tablespaces in our production database ran out of room. The obvious thing would be to add a new datafile to the tablespace. Well, when I tried this it could not be created even though 8.09 GB still existed. After investigation I fould out that OCFS requires the space used by the new datafile to be contiguous. In otherwords, one whole chunk of space. Since apparently the space is not contiguous the file could not be created. Lucky for me we had some old temp.dbf files that one of our dbas had copied for some unknown reason that were not a part of our production database that I was able to copy to a different drive and delete from the OCFS drive allowing me to create the new datafile and look like a hero (or otherwise save my job).Keep this in mind.
Re: OCFS and adding a datafile [message #211937 is a reply to message #211250] Wed, 03 January 2007 02:53 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Good info, thanks for the update!
Previous Topic: RAC installation , PRKR-1005 error during dbca
Next Topic: how to find if CRS stack is up ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:01:57 CDT 2024