Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues
Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #210128] Tue, 19 December 2006 09:02 Go to next message
rizados
Okay, I have a report that worked previously, yet now that I'm revisiting it, a HUGE number of boilerplates (and a couple of record groups and frames as well) are giving me the message:

REP-1814: Report cannot be formatted. Object 'vertically' can never fit 'insert name of frame or record group or boilerplate here'.

This happens every time I try to access the paper design. This wasn't happening the last time I opened this in reports builder. So, just in case, I took the production version, made a copy, and attempted to open the copy, just in case I had accidentally screwed up the test version. The production version is doing the same thing. Yet the production version is not giving a problem when actually trying to *run* the report. The whole thing compiles just fine.

At first, I tried to fix the issues. When one boilerplate after another started having the same problem, I was starting to get annoyed. Now it's an entire frame that has the issue. I forced a page break, put the frame on the next page, and made all horizontal and vertical elasticity "variable", and yet I'm still getting the problem for the frame. Why it started doing this to begin with, I'm not sure. I've already 'corrected' about twenty fields and boilerplates, one record group, and now I'm working on a frame.

Has anyone had a report that just started doing this to them for no apparent reason? Just in case it was me and/or my machine (not likely, but I was trying everything), I had someone else log in and try to access the paper design window from his own machine, and he had the same results.

Any assistance you could give would be highly appreciated.

Cyd
Re: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #210470 is a reply to message #210128] Wed, 20 December 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
underpressure_23
make sure each and avery item field or text boilerplate that has format tirggers must be inside their respective repeating frames. =) hope that can help!
Re: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #210610 is a reply to message #210470] Thu, 21 December 2006 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rizados
It only helps partially. I've been sitting there resizing a bunch of fields, and now I've run into one that no matter how many times I resize it or where I put it, it doesn't want to do it. I've resized the field itself, the parent frame, the frame outside that, and it still does no good.

I'm wondering why I'm having to do all of this resizing now when there was never a problem before.

Has there been a patch that came out recently? Does anyone know?

Cyd
Re: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #210631 is a reply to message #210610] Thu, 21 December 2006 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi Cyd,

what I can figure out from your question is that earlier yuor report is working fine but now it is give you error like :

Quote:
REP-1814: Report cannot be formatted. Object 'vertically' can never fit 'insert name of frame or record group or boilerplate here'.

You can visit this site :

ORACLE On-Line Help

URL= http://www.oracle.com/webapps/online-help/reports/10.1.2/state?navSetId=_&navId=3&vtTopicFile=htmlhelp_rwbuild_hs/rwmsgs/1814 .htm&vtTopicId=

One more thing you search the old rdf if you can able to search that old rdf then your problem will solve.

Bye
Ashu

[Updated on: Thu, 21 December 2006 10:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #359975 is a reply to message #210128] Wed, 19 November 2008 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gloveracle

any update on this problem? I'm also looking for an answer on this one..

[Updated on: Wed, 19 November 2008 01:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Horizontal and Vertical Elasticity issues [message #405446 is a reply to message #359975] Wed, 27 May 2009 17:48 Go to previous message
nastyjillu
i too have the same problem. given below is error

REP-1814: Report cannot be formatted. Object 'horizontally and vertically' can never fit within 'R_G_IMPACT'.

its a repeating frame. before getting this error i got the same error but it says within field, later i increased the boarder size in layout. then i got that error but within boilerplate.
again i resized the borders/ then i got the error in repeating frame.

in metalink they asked to convert rdf to rex, and replace FONTSIZE = 0, with FONTSIZE = 1200. and convert back to rdf and compile and deploy.

i did what they said. but was not use.

thanks
jillu
Previous Topic: How to compile report?
Next Topic: Error in RDF reports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:22:31 CDT 2024