Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Connect via Applications Web Server
Connect via Applications Web Server [message #206302] Wed, 29 November 2006 09:28 Go to next message
sparrow
Hi all

We have an Oracle Applications install here, running 9iAS and 9i.

I want to connect via the Applications Web Agent to build some applications.
I know that the Web Agent URL is http://hostname:port/pls/PPT2 (in our case). If I enter the above, the standard information page showing the server information returns correctly, so everything is up and running as it should be.

However, when I try to run my PL/SQL package called myhello (using http://hostname:port/pls/PPT2/myhello), it asks for a user name and password. No matter what I put in, it won't authenticate.

Can anyone give me any pointers on what to do?

Thanks
Re: Connect via Applications Web Server [message #206328 is a reply to message #206302] Wed, 29 November 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
You can enter the user/pass in the DAD if you don't want 9iAS to do the authentication. Edit the DAD (PPT2) from the admin page - or directly. For 9.0.2, I think the file is under the infrastructre home .../Apache/modplsql/conf/dads.conf
Re: Connect via Applications Web Server [message #206343 is a reply to message #206302] Wed, 29 November 2006 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sparrow
I actually want the user to enter a user name and password, so that's not a problem. I couldn't change that anyway, as the system is our Applications system. I don't think I'll get much joy suggesting changing our HR, AR, AP, GL, etc systems. Laughing

Any idea as to why it rejects both the apps user name and password, as well as my applications user name and password?
Re: Connect via Applications Web Server [message #206347 is a reply to message #206343] Wed, 29 November 2006 13:00 Go to previous message
andrew again
Maybe take a look at the setting for PlsqlAuthenticationMode in the dads.conf and see what the docs say about it.
Previous Topic: oc4j vs OID
Next Topic: icons setting in 10g AS form and reports services
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:06:28 CDT 2024