Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin
can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin [message #205207] Thu, 23 November 2006 21:22 Go to next message
triluu

Hi All !
When I connect to oracle database by Discoverer4i Admin and Discoverer Desktop. This error : failed to connect to database Unable to connect to Oracle Application database : invalid username and password But when I connect to Oracle Application Database same user by Discoverer Plus or Discoverer Viewer. This connection successfully.
I download the diectory <sercure> in Oracle Application Database
to <DISCVR4 HOME>\sercure too.
Has the error in <DISCVR4 HOME>\sercure directory ?

Can You help me ?

Thanks You very much.
Re: can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin [message #205238 is a reply to message #205207] Fri, 24 November 2006 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
I've haven't come across any Discoverer Administrator edition that pays any attention to a "secure directory" (whatever it is). Could be, but I would firstly check:

Are you absolutely 100% sure you're connecting to the same database? (be careful, if there are multiple tnsnames.ora files, it could be that you land somewhere else then expected).

And, can you connect as the EUL owner? Can you then verify that the user you want to connect as, has Administrator privileges and rights on the Business Area's in the EUL?

Re: can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin [message #206076 is a reply to message #205207] Tue, 28 November 2006 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiscoUser
First of all, try to check your TNSNAMES.ORA file. When you install Discoverer client on your PC, the default home will be something like BITools_Home1. In this folder, go to Network/ADMIN and locate tnsnames.ora file in that folder. Add/replace with your original tnsnames file there.
Discoverer Plus and Viewer run on server, so it doesn't matter if you have correct tnsnames file on you r PC. But Desktop and Admin run on your PC, so they need your TNSNAMES file.

If thats not the problem,
Did you try the oracle applications database to log on to Discoverer Administrator or Desktop? You seem to be working on Discoverer with oracle applications.

If you are working on non-Apps mode EUL
then I am sorry, I do not have much idea about it.

If you have an Apps mode EUL, you can only login to the applications database.
Make these Changes.
In Discoverer Administrator connection page, Click Cancel.

Go to Tools -> Options

Go to Connection Tab.

Select the radio button for Connect to both standard and applications EULs.

Enter APPLSYSPUB/PUB for Gateway User ID/password and APPS for Foundation Name.

Click OK.

Go to File -> Connect to Database

Type in the applications user name and password.

Type the database name (Connect) as ftst.

Check the Oracle Applications User check box.

Click on Connect.

If you are logging in for the first time,(no body else has worked on Discoverer in the company so far) then login with the EUL owner, password and applications database. Do not Check the Oracle Applications User check box. Login, give administrator privileges to an oracle applications user, preferably to SYSADMIN, exit from Administrator and login again using SYSADMIN username, password and applications database, Checking Oracle Applications User check box.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2006 10:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin [message #207851 is a reply to message #206076] Thu, 07 December 2006 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
triluu

Thank You !!!
I repaired the error.
icon4.gif  Re: can't connect to Oracle Application Database by Discoverer Admin [message #380585 is a reply to message #207851] Mon, 12 January 2009 07:34 Go to previous message
Awanish Tiwari

Hi All,

I am able to connect to the discoverer admin & desktop editions with the database user but when I try to log in using my applications(R12, it is displaying an error message " invalid username\password"

After logging as an database user I have given all the privileges to my application user. Still I am facing this issue.

What is the issue, I am unable to debug.

Can any one help me?

Thanks & Regards,
Awanish
Previous Topic: DISCOVERER 10G report function not diplaying the data.
Next Topic: REP-0496: Internal error - Unable to parse query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 12:13:04 CDT 2024