Home » Other » Training & Certification » Oracle Certification
Oracle Certification [message #200191] Sun, 29 October 2006 01:56 Go to next message
ramkumar4408
Dear friends,
This is a generalized query and not concerning any particular course. I am a Commerce Graduate working in a BPO in bangalore. I have a fair knowledge of SQL and have been constantly updating my knowledge. Please give me details of career oriented certifications that i can take up in oracle. Given my profile could you please elaborate my prospects with oracle certifications such as DBA, datawarehousing etc. Please Help
Thank You.
Re: Oracle Certification [message #200194 is a reply to message #200191] Sun, 29 October 2006 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
I think you should think of getting into database programming. Like Pl/Sql and Oracle forms and reports. For that there are certifications like OCA and OCP on development track which you can pursue..

the problem with DBA track is that , even if you get the certifications, when you apply for job, the companies look for experienced candidates with prior dba experience only, so you may get limited offers..but you can get in as database programmers where the standards of recruitment might be more relaxed...

Re: Oracle Certification [message #200766 is a reply to message #200191] Wed, 01 November 2006 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shivendra.upadhyay
Dear ,
well its nice to hear you still upgrading while u r in JOb its a really gr8. you are having 2 choices of different carrees like u can also go for system admin but if you still comfortable with Sql then Oracle is good option. i am giving you the address we are having the prometric centre so visit us that will be good for a better interaction

“Everyone Deserves To Be Shine Like A Gold

But All They Need An ALCHEMIST “

Q-Soft is in a unique position of providing all the technical know-how required to become a DBA/System Administrator under 'one roof'. Since inception, the commitment of Q-Soft towards training has been outstanding.

In the past we have successfully catered to the training and placed the students in the companies like i-flex Solutions , Oracle India, Ness Technologies, Fidelity Investments, Cognizant Technologies, Motorola, Bluestar Diamond-Surat, Powergrid Corp- Mumbai, Cirus Logic - Mumbai, Hewlett Packard India, Infosys Technologies, Accenture - Mumbai, Cap Gemini, Yodlee Infotech, Jindal Steel works, National institute of Ocean technology-Chennai etc.

We Specialize In:

Oracle Database Administration:

Oracle SQL/PLSQL:

Oracle Developer Suite:Forms and reports

Data warehousing:

Total DBA:

Advanced DBA:

Oracle11i APPS DBA:

Solaris System Administration:

Suse Linux

Redhat Linux

Salient Features:

Taining on Unix/Linux platform.

24/7 Lab facility.

40% discount vouchers for the certification exams.

Tips and Advices from real time consultants.

Morning, weekends, evenings and flexible hours available.

Normal track,Fast track ,weekend tracks Batches.

Individual attention to everyone.

Regular Seminars and workshops on the emerging technologies of IT.

Monthly student meet.

Easy accessibility from all parts of Mumbai.

Highly experienced and certified faculty.

Placement assistance after the training.

BUSINESS ALLIANCES

If your looking for your better stable Future then just have a kind look to it.

Please find attached student inquiry form and please send back to me. Thanking you for doing that .

Hoping for the Prompt & Prospective Response from you.

For further information please do contact the undersigned
Please do Meet Me in person on your visit to Q-Soft for better interaction.

Note: please forward this mail to your friends and known one who are in need or in the mind set of a training in Software development company.”you also can be an alchemist”.

Regards,

Shivendra Upadhyay
Q-Soft Systems & Solutions (P) Ltd.,
#Plot No 75, Road No 14,
Opp Seepz Material Gate, Andheri East, MIDC ,
Mumbai-400 093
INDIA
Phone/ Tel Fax : +91 22 2826 1301 / 302 / 303
Extn:350
URL: www.qsoftindia.com
Cell : +91 9860408207

E-Mail: shivendra.upadhyay@qsoftindia.com

Bangalore Address
BANGALORE

#253/19, 1st Floor, Kanakapura Road,
Jayanagar 7th Block,
Bangalore -560082.
INDIA

Tel : +91 80 2663 9207, 2654 4135, 2244 0507
Fax : +91 80 2663 7692
Email: shrivardhan@qsoftindia.com

Re: Oracle Certification [message #201307 is a reply to message #200194] Fri, 03 November 2006 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramkumar4408
Hi Nirav,
Thank u for ur prompt reply. i am more concerned about my non tech background. what oracle line would suit my background. could anybody shed some light!
Re: Oracle Certification [message #201312 is a reply to message #201307] Fri, 03 November 2006 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
Hi Ram,

I think it would be best to start off with database programmer..remember that there are many many projects that are on financial side and so your commerce background shall be useful there..and do not worry about all that...nowadays, at least in india, what I see is that the candidate should meet with the job requirement..as a non tech, you may get a slightly less scale , but it will not stop you..
but without experience, dba line is a no-no.

Re: Oracle Certification [message #201396 is a reply to message #200191] Fri, 03 November 2006 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
williamb
I bought $30 worth of certification exams from www.examcheets.com. I passed the exams the stuff provided by this company was good and ¼ the price others are charging, plus they gave me some books worth $150 to $200 free. The books are not rubbish but excellent useful Cisco Press, Microsoft Press and other renowned vendors – That is really helpful.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 November 2006 23:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Certification [message #201459 is a reply to message #200766] Sat, 04 November 2006 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Can you plz. explain what is "Total DBA:"

regards
M.Taj.
Re: Oracle Certification [message #201492 is a reply to message #201396] Sat, 04 November 2006 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> plus they gave me some books worth $150 to $200 free
In the moral world, it is defined as PIRACY.
Re: Oracle Certification [message #201613 is a reply to message #201492] Mon, 06 November 2006 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Sat, 04 November 2006 23:29
>> plus they gave me some books worth $150 to $200 free
In the moral world, it is defined as PIRACY.
The homepage of williamb is, how odd it may seem, the website he's bragging about. Organic spammer, perhaps?
Oracle Certification [message #202444 is a reply to message #200766] Thu, 09 November 2006 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UKP1974
Dear friends,

I am a Commerce Graduate with more than 10 years experience in software development,database administration mostly in Foxpro/Visual Foxpro/Novell Netware environment.

Presently i am working in a south east asian country as Visual Foxpro programmer cum system administrator.

I would like to persue a career in Oracle and settle down in India this year.

Please guide me which career path is suitable for me in Oracle, considering my experience in Visual Foxpro Software Development.

Kindly provide guidance regarding my prospects in Oracle DBA, Datawarehousing track in India.

Thank you in advance...

UKP
Re: Oracle Certification [message #205652 is a reply to message #200191] Sun, 26 November 2006 23:52 Go to previous message
train_oracle
Hi Ramkumar,

There are different options that you can look at in terms of certification from Oracle.

Oracle offers certification on both technical (DBA/ Datawarehousing / As etc...) and functional (on 11i Financial / Manuf / HRMS) etc...

For further information you may call up 98864 10676 or write to edus_in@oracle.com for more information on the same.

Thanks
Oracle Expert
Previous Topic: Where to go for a Certification
Next Topic: Certification need guidence
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:43:11 CDT 2024