Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » problems with RAC installation
icon9.gif  problems with RAC installation [message #199686] Wed, 25 October 2006 19:36 Go to next message
marcinmigdal

Hello
I have a problem while installing Oracle 10gR1 Cluster ready Service
At the end of the installation I get a message:
Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Cluster Ready Services Configuration Assistant":
Step 1: checking status of CRS cluster
migi2 failed to located service OracleCSService, err(1060)
Please ensure that all CRS services on all nodes are STOPPED before continuing

Configuration assistant "Oracle Cluster Ready Services Configuration Assistant" failed
================================================================================================================
Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant":

Configuration assistant "Oracle Notification Server Configuration Assistant" failed
================================================================================================================
Output generated from configuration assistant "Oracle Private Interconnect Configuration Assistant":
PRIF-12: failed to initialize cluster support services

Configuration assistant "Oracle Private Interconnect Configuration Assistant" failed
migi2 is my second node's name
How to solve it?
Do I really have to have a shared disk?
is it possible to create cluster without a shared disk?
my email is marcinmigdal@wp.pl
best regards \
martin
Re: problems with RAC installation [message #220091 is a reply to message #199686] Sun, 18 February 2007 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcinmigdal

Hi
I have resolved this problem
You need to use a proper .dll library
Which??
write me back
kisonar@wp.pl
Re: problems with RAC installation [message #331907 is a reply to message #199686] Sun, 06 July 2008 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wahdany60
please update .
Re: problems with RAC installation [message #331910 is a reply to message #220091] Sun, 06 July 2008 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Why don't you post the solution here?

Regards
Michel
Re: problems with RAC installation [message #331922 is a reply to message #220091] Sun, 06 July 2008 11:23 Go to previous message
marcinmigdal

Hi
Well , in RAC shared storage is needed.
That is why i decided to use for my investigation purpose virtual RAC Cluster described by Howard Dizwell. dizwell.com
But a friend of mine managed to install RAC cluster, but he used oracle patches from metalink - these were some dll's libraries - but I do not know which... Confused
Martin
Previous Topic: Driveletters assigned after install?
Next Topic: problem while instaling RAC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:27:16 CDT 2024