Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Calling Procedure in another schema
Calling Procedure in another schema [message #20022] Thu, 25 April 2002 04:29 Go to next message
no
Hi,
i have to call a stored procedure which is stored in another schema. is this possible and what do i have to do ?
Must the calling user be defined in the called schema ?
The procedure i have to call belongs to antoher user in another schema.
The user who calls is defined in both schemas, and has exec rights. I tried to call <schema>.<proc>, but doesn't work, only error messages that i should declare it.
Hope. someone can help me.
Thanks, no
Re: Calling Procedure in another schema [message #20023 is a reply to message #20022] Thu, 25 April 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Epe
Hello,

the calling user shouldn't be defined in the called schema. He does need execute rights though (execute any procedure). Normally you should be able to call an object from another schema than your own by typing : schema_name.object_name
Still, I think the schema_name is not needed here, since there is no such thing as an "execute procedure" right, only an "execute any procedure" right. which gives the right to execute in any schema... Make sure the procedure is installed without errors or warnings, check if you call it correctly (cfr. in/out parameters).
If you don't find the reason, post your procedure and the call of it, then I'll give it a try.

Success,

epe
Re: Calling Procedure in another schema [message #20025 is a reply to message #20022] Thu, 25 April 2002 06:12 Go to previous message
Epe
By the way, I'm out of here in one hour, and the coming days (and maybe months) I won't be able to check this site again...
So if you don't get an answer anymore and you want one, you better post your message all over again.

Sorry about that,

epe
Previous Topic: inserting values into table
Next Topic: Display information of a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:19:48 CDT 2024