Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Oracle 10g in HP UX 11.
Oracle 10g in HP UX 11. [message #195160] Wed, 27 September 2006 04:39 Go to next message
Meyyappan
Hi,

I have installed Oracle 10 server in HP UX 11 machine.
After creating an user, I imported an user dump for 9i server to 10g.
Now when I connect to the user through TOAD, and open schema browsers to see the tables, the tables are not sorted by name.
But when I connect to the user in 9i through same TOAD session, everything is fine there.

Has any one faced this problem already ?

Please help me, Im going mad trying to locate a table in the schema browser.
Re: Oracle 10g in HP UX 11. [message #195255 is a reply to message #195160] Wed, 27 September 2006 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Don't use TOAD browser as a reference because you can't easily be sure how they process the list of tables. Do a
select table_name, owner from all_tables order by table_name;
from a query panel.

Also compare database nls_sort settings on both databases.
select * from v$parameter where name = 'nls_sort';

select * from nls_session_parameters where parameter = 'NLS_SORT';

Re: Oracle 10g in HP UX 11. [message #195271 is a reply to message #195255] Wed, 27 September 2006 12:51 Go to previous message
Meyyappan
Thank you for the input.
I would use the select query in future.
My TOAD version is 7.2
Have to admit that I got used to the TOAD schema browser and the filters and the sorts. So will take some time to get rid of it.

I compared the nls_sorting on both 9i and 10g DB.
All the parameter values are same except for some new parameters in 10g in the result of the 1st query.

Another interesting thing is that I did a fresh installation on Oracle10g in another test machine and there are no issues there in that machine.
I'm puzzled !

[Updated on: Wed, 27 September 2006 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Duplicate or move an instance Oracle with new name from a host HP-UX to another host HP-UX
Next Topic: Relogin during shell script execution
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:45:14 CDT 2024