Home » Server Options » Replication » Materialized View Log
Materialized View Log [message #194592] Fri, 22 September 2006 18:40 Go to next message
mpatro
Hi,

I wanted to know the following:

1) I need to have a materialized view on a base table. This base table can be refreshed once in a week. Now my question is will the Mat view be refreshed only for those rows which have changed due to base table or the refresh will be for the whole table?

2) Sample code for Materialized view and Materialized view log?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Manas
Re: Materialized View Log [message #194857 is a reply to message #194592] Mon, 25 September 2006 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
1) It depends: If you do a FAST refresh, only the changes will be transferred across. On the other hand, if you do a COMPLETE refresh all data will be transferred and applied.

2) http://orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_Materialized_Views
Re: Materialized View Log [message #195068 is a reply to message #194857] Tue, 26 September 2006 17:20 Go to previous message
mpatro
Thanks Frank,

Code sample is helpful.
But can we summarize it as:

1) Suppose Mat Views are created based on join of 3 tables and we need to create Mat View Logs on all those 3 tables.

2) Added to that, as you said "If you do a FAST refresh, only the changes will be transferred across. On the other hand, if you do a COMPLETE refresh all data will be transferred and applied."

For ex. If I have a Mat view based on 1 base table. And If i update one column of my base table then the Mat view(i have fast refresh option) will refresh only pertaining to that column.

Thanks,
Manas
Previous Topic: snapshot refresh in parallel stream
Next Topic: Not able to create snapshot rep group at Snapshot site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:27:16 CDT 2024