Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Creating Users and allowing them access to your tables or objects
Creating Users and allowing them access to your tables or objects [message #1729] Fri, 24 May 2002 07:15 Go to next message
Godwin
I have developed a database using Personal oracle8i Forms6i and
i have created 3 additional users who i need to grant them access to some of my objects(Tables) so that they can insert/update/select records from such tables.
Now after i have created these users under my account they are not able to get access to my tables.
e.g I wrote a query like " select * from emp" and this
produces no result however the code "select * from username.emp" did work.
My problem is that in the form i can't code on every form like this "select * from username.emp" to do the stuff.
What is the way out?
Re: Creating Users and allowing them access to your tables or objects [message #1730 is a reply to message #1729] Fri, 24 May 2002 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billh
create a public synonym for each of your tables.

create public synonym tab1 for tab1;
grant select on tab1 to usera ;

usera can now issue stmt
select * from tab1 ;
Re: Creating Users and allowing them access to your tables or objects [message #1734 is a reply to message #1729] Fri, 24 May 2002 09:34 Go to previous message
Godwin
Thank u for that solution it really work in the SQL Environment but when i logged on through forms6i using the user that i granted access to my table i was not able to perform query on that particular table on which access has been granted. It brings form error message that query return no records.

What is the cause?
Previous Topic: using max and count
Next Topic: Job
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 11:50:21 CDT 2024