Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » report runs slowly
report runs slowly [message #19067] Wed, 27 February 2002 05:32 Go to next message
Parag dave
Hi,
I have a report which has 6 views. 1.creates monthly total based on date prompt. 2 creates yearly total,
3 creates up_to_date total. 4th is combinition of all 3
views and also calculates (%) of total columns and used as the detail line in my report. 5th one is total line at the break and also does (%) calculation from view4. 6th one is total from the 5th one and writes the final report total. This report works fine but takes long time (38 Min.) I would like to make it run faster.
Would you please help me? I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
Re: report runs slowly [message #19068 is a reply to message #19067] Wed, 27 February 2002 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jon
The first thing I'd do is run an Explain Plan on all your queries. Are you doing any full table scans on large tables?
Re: report runs slowly [message #19077 is a reply to message #19068] Wed, 27 February 2002 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Parag dave
Hi,
I ran the autotrace on one of my views (view4)
The first 3 views are pretty fast so I tried view4.
It does not say anything like table access (full),
but itsays table access by rwoid. I do not know where
to look! So which one should I look for and how do fix my problem? Please help..
Re: report runs slowly [message #19079 is a reply to message #19068] Wed, 27 February 2002 10:07 Go to previous message
Jon
Learning how to tune SQL is not something that is best done in an online forum. Try the link I gave you before. And follow other links. There are whole books dedicated to performance tuning. You might want to pick one up.
Previous Topic: How to make connections to different dbs from PL/SQL
Next Topic: VERY URGENT PLEASE HELP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:17:34 CDT 2024