Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » altering mapping of a dimension, tabledata is only merging
altering mapping of a dimension, tabledata is only merging [message #183775] Sun, 23 July 2006 10:58 Go to next message
brandon23
Hi folks,

i altered the filter in a mapping of a dimension so that the gave back 600 rows to the table. Now i set the filter back to the old condition (only 50 rows should be given back) but the data in the table isnt changing.

Do i need to clean the table myself? - "delete * on table"

shouldn´t on a start run with the mapping (in the control center ) the old table data be deleted? seems the new data ist just appended/merged?

btw. i have a "no slowly changing" dimension - and no errors in the control center..

row activity on the execution result page shows:

inserted 0/0
updated 0/0
deleted 0/0
merged 600/50

Any suggestions?
Re: altering mapping of a dimension, tabledata is only merging [message #191647 is a reply to message #183775] Thu, 07 September 2006 07:57 Go to previous message
jvalerof
Have you seen the "Operator properties" of the table in the Mapping Editor?

If you want that any time you execute the mapping it makes truncate and insert you might select TRUNCATE/INSERT. Perhaps you have this option set as UPDATE/INSERT and that makes a MERGE.

Hope that helps!
Previous Topic: slowly changing dimensions
Next Topic: Data for Operational Database?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:33:32 CDT 2024