Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Help with Discoverer Viewer
Help with Discoverer Viewer [message #181712] Tue, 11 July 2006 04:05 Go to next message
adeli
Hi all,

I have installed the 10g Application Server (infrastructure and BI section). I can go to the discoverer viewer URL, define a connection and view workbooks stored in my EUL. The problem is that if I go to another computer and open the discoverer viewer URL, I need to setup the connection again, something that I do not want. I would prefer if I could define a connection's basic information at a central computer (i.e., where the application server is installed) and then the user will be asked for his/her login and password at a login screen. Is there an easy way to do this? I tried using a public connection but the problem is that everyone seems to connect with the same login, which is undesirable.

Thank you,
Antonios

ps: I read something while doing a google search that I need Oracle Applications, but I do not know how to determine if I already have them installed or how to configure them (i.e., using a URL).
Re: Help with Discoverer Viewer [message #181816 is a reply to message #181712] Tue, 11 July 2006 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
when I used 9i discoverer it was not dependent on Oracle Applications (which is a massive piece of S/W - you would know if you had it). I'm pretty sure that 10g app server is still Apche based. If so you can still control who can access the public URL using the <allow>, <deny> tags in Apache config files.

Best to check the documentation to see if 10g AS supports the security model you need.
Re: Help with Discoverer Viewer [message #181855 is a reply to message #181816] Tue, 11 July 2006 23:19 Go to previous message
adeli
Thank you for your reply. 10g is still apache based. However, the problem with using a public connection is that each user is logged on with the same login (I cannot create a public connection without specifying the login) and they are only required to enter the password. Is there a way to create a public connection where users give their login and passwords at run time (i.e., when they go to the discoverer viewer URL)?

THank you,
Antonios
Previous Topic: internet option problem in devsuite 10g rel2.
Next Topic: connect to oracle 9i database in asp.net
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:28:14 CDT 2024