Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » DOING A SELECT ON A PL/SQL TABLE
DOING A SELECT ON A PL/SQL TABLE [message #18892] Wed, 20 February 2002 06:48 Go to next message
Jarrod McReynolds
I understand the concept that a PL/SQL TABLE is just a temp table. But inside of the procedure that created this temp table is there a way to do a select on this temp table.

Or is there a way to pass the contents of this temp table into a cursor, so that it can be used in a report that is calling the procedure.

here is the setup

I have a Crystal report. That is calling a procedure.

This procedure in return is calling a package.

I'm passing a Cursor from the procedure to the package, where the data is created and then back to the procedure, and then on to the report.

What I would like to be able to do is in the Package, I want to have more control over the data. I have 5 diffrent select statments that I have to do and then I want to check the information before putting it into this temp table. Each Select statment I will be going into the temp table and updating inforamtion before passing this to the report. But I can not find a way to get this temp table to the report.
Re: DOING A SELECT ON A PL/SQL TABLE [message #18894 is a reply to message #18892] Wed, 20 February 2002 07:52 Go to previous message
andrew again
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:97868::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_B:246014735810,Y
Previous Topic: sql_trace
Next Topic: how do i display which host i am connected to in sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:54:30 CDT 2024