Home » Other » Training & Certification » Any good free PL/SQL tutorials
Any good free PL/SQL tutorials [message #180034] Thu, 29 June 2006 21:25 Go to next message
rleishman
I have a colleague with SQL skills who is new to Oracle and needs to learn PL/SQL. As a consultant, he has no chance of going to a real course (non billable AND it costs money - double whammy).

I suggested he get an OTN registration and a free workspace in HTML/DB (aka ApEx) at apex.oracle.com, and then work through a tutorial in his own time. I found Oracle's HTML/DB tutorial great, but they don't seem to have a PL/SQL equivalent.

Has anyone used any of the myriad PL/SQL tutorials out there in Google-land? Any recommendations for good ones that include table creation scripts and test data?

Ross Leishman
Re: Any good free PL/SQL tutorials [message #180109 is a reply to message #180034] Fri, 30 June 2006 03:15 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
I would recommend he start with the PL/SQL manual. It is the best way to learn PL/SQL - even better than going on a course.

Consider chapter 1 - it provides a good overview of PL/SQL - and, all examples can be tested on Oracle's sample schemas.

After that, he needs some practical experience. Answering questions in the PL/SQL forum would help for that Smile
Previous Topic: The Best institute for SQL & Pl/SQL at Hyderabad?
Next Topic: Regarding 1Z0-007 exam (OCA)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:23:07 CDT 2024