Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Advice on shared_pool and block_size on 9i
Advice on shared_pool and block_size on 9i [message #176087] Tue, 06 June 2006 20:54 Go to next message
rkl1
Dear All:
My understanding is that Oracle Kernel allocates memory to dictionary cache and Library Cache based on its own metrics. Is there a way, we can manipulate how much memory to be allocated to which cache in shared pool.

Another thing, I still consider that when we make the db_block_size=8k and build tablespaces, the block_size is not changable. It may be possible to make db_16K_CACHE_SIZE= or other ones but the default db_block_size that has been set in my case is 8K and not changeable. Am I right.

Any advice, suggestion, remarks will be appreciated and remembered with love and respect.
Re: Advice on shared_pool and block_size on 9i [message #176089 is a reply to message #176087] Tue, 06 June 2006 21:01 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
RTFM found at http://tahiti.oracle.com
especially the Concepts Manual

Why do you believe you know how to better allocate cache than Oracle?

Depending upon Oracle version, tablespaces can have different block sizes (but what is gained by this?).
Previous Topic: Application Turns Slow
Next Topic: Query Tuning ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 03:17:12 CDT 2024