Home » Other » Training & Certification » Oracle 9i Certification
Oracle 9i Certification [message #175352] Thu, 01 June 2006 19:58 Go to next message
newbie108
I am currently a SAS programmer. I have looked at the requirements for certification and looked at the books and also have taken a introductory course (the course was just a brief overview on Oracle) and found it interesting.

I'm seriously thinking of getting an Oracle certification but I'm wondering if it is worth it. Currently, I do not work in the field, and my worry is that I will spend so much time and money on the certification but will not be able to find work in the field. Will this be a worthwhile investment?

I'll appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Re: Oracle 9i Certification [message #175395 is a reply to message #175352] Fri, 02 June 2006 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orausern
I think only certification , without relevant experience may not be of much help..it might be better to get more knowledge by studying oracle's documentation like concepts manual,application developer's guide etc or to study books like beginning oracle programming by Dillon etc.

just my views..
Re: Oracle 9i Certification [message #175573 is a reply to message #175352] Fri, 02 June 2006 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightangel73
I have the same question as newbie

so basically what are you saying is that even if we get certified we won't find a job. I believe this because I did a master degree in information technology and no one wants to give me an entry level job. So I wasted my time and effort. I had been thinking on getting certified in oracle to see if that will help so with this post I guess then it will be the same as with the masters.

How can one get the first experience then? Cause I can offer to volunteer at any place but then no one allows you to volunteer neither. Can anyone say a way to get a first experience or is it really hopeless?
Re: Oracle 9i Certification [message #175575 is a reply to message #175352] Sat, 03 June 2006 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

If you want to start your career in Oracle, becoming a certified professional in Oracle is the best thing you can do.

You will be given first preference when you go for an job in this field. If you are certified, you may not be asked for experience. And if you have experience, certification is not so important. I mean to say that you should have any one (experience or certification).

All the best.

Regards

Gogula
Re: Oracle 9i Certification [message #175932 is a reply to message #175352] Tue, 06 June 2006 02:44 Go to previous message
manjeetgajre

Hi,

I m doing oracle 9i certification OCP application developer.

Regards,

Manjeet.
Previous Topic: Advice please.......
Next Topic: Oracle and Developer 2000 Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:20:22 CDT 2024