Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to connect ws services to the oracle db without password?
How to connect ws services to the oracle db without password? [message #174436] Mon, 29 May 2006 04:24 Go to next message
smurfcho
Hello,

i have the following problem. I have implement a couple of windows services, which are running at the moment under the windows current user and connect to the oracle9i db with this user name.
I want to make this services running under Lokal system, and connect to the db without user name and password.
How can i do this?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Svetoslav
Re: How to connect ws services to the oracle db without password? [message #174465 is a reply to message #174436] Mon, 29 May 2006 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
On VMS operating system, there was a possibility to create Oracle users in such a manner that their username looked like this: "ops$scott" (instead of just "scott"). This meant that you could connect to this Oracle user using only a slash (/) sign.

For example, once logged in on the VMS system, you would simply put it as

$ SQLPLUS /

Scripts were run the same way:

$ sqlplus / -s @some_script

I *believe* this should work elsewhere (not only on VMS); I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: How to connect ws services to the oracle db without password? [message #174521 is a reply to message #174465] Mon, 29 May 2006 07:54 Go to previous message
smurfcho
Hi,

thanks for your tips! At the moment we use exactly the same way to authorize the users.

This what i am trying to do, is to change the running user of the services, which are running now under "windows current user" to "Local system" and to connect then (this services) to the oracle db without user name and password.

Best regards,
Svetoslav
Previous Topic: Not able to check the SQL statements used by user- need help
Next Topic: Auditing XML, Extended
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:04:08 CDT 2024