Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » new reports servrces
new reports servrces [message #167607] Fri, 14 April 2006 09:02 Go to next message
salmanucit
Hi
On oracle application server 10g release 2.
how would i create new reports service. in documentation, i could see the startup, shutdown methods for reports services but i am unable to find that how do i create a new instance of reports service with my own chosen name

regards
Re: new reports servrces [message #167647 is a reply to message #167607] Sat, 15 April 2006 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanka_yanka

In Oracle Reports 10g Release 2 (10.1.2), you must start, shut down, monitor, and manage the Reports Server through the Oracle Process Manager and Notification Server (OPMN) and Oracle Enterprise Manager. OPMN provides a centralized mechanism for initializing, maintaining, and shutting down your Oracle Application Server components, including the Reports Server. Oracle Enterprise Manager, included with the Oracle Application Server, provides managing and monitoring services to OracleAS Reports Services. You can conveniently monitor the Reports Servers through Oracle Enterprise Manager and, if the process crashes for any reason, OPMN restarts Reports Server for you automatically. On the Windows platform, OPMN itself will be run as a Windows service.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanka
Re: new reports servrces [message #167748 is a reply to message #167607] Sun, 16 April 2006 11:31 Go to previous message
zeshanali76

Dear Friend,

To add additional Report Server the command

rwserver -install <New Report Server Name>

But keep in mind that This additional Report Server that u have added will not be startup/shutdown automatically because new report server is not added in OPMN. and U would have to start and stop this new report server manually everytime. To add this New Report Server in OPMN is separate procedure.

Regards.

Previous Topic: Please help
Next Topic: Application server - Urgent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:22:15 CDT 2024