Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » no transfer of data executing a mapping
no transfer of data executing a mapping [message #159297] Fri, 17 February 2006 04:06 Go to next message
s8472
hi guys,

plz help me out! i try to transfer a simple filled table from the design schema to the target schema. there are no errors or warnings deploying the mapping. NOW: every time i execute the mapping it says that the mapping was completed successfully, BUT the problem is it doesnt insert the data from the source table to the target table. the target table is empty.

my question:

- do i have to change/set the system privileges to sysdba or sysoper for the runtime schemas to solve this problem ?

- is it maybe a connection problem between the dw and source module ?

- what could it else be ?

appreciate any idea, thx!

greetings
s8472
Re: no transfer of data executing a mapping [message #159310 is a reply to message #159297] Fri, 17 February 2006 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
s8472
i think i know now what is the problem:

althought the owb user's guide tells on page 3-5, that a connector is automatically created as you place sources on the mapping canvas, the missing connector was the problem of the "no transfer" of the data.

so i created a connector from the oracle_dw-module_location to the oracle_source-module_location. after that dont forget to deploy the connection inside of the deployment manager. now the mapping executes and transfer the data completely.

greetings
s8472
Re: no transfer of data executing a mapping [message #159311 is a reply to message #159310] Fri, 17 February 2006 05:20 Go to previous message
Maaher
Thanks for the feedback.

MHE
Previous Topic: Import PACKAGE OWB
Next Topic: Import OWB Repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:09:41 CDT 2024