Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Multiple stand by instance on same server
Multiple stand by instance on same server [message #157221] Wed, 01 February 2006 02:29 Go to next message
ndefontenay
Good morning,

I'm in charge of a Business Continuit Plan and we have 3 production servers with oracle install on it and different database names.

I would like to have all the standby databases on one server for obvious costs reasons at an external site.

I tried to get information about multiple instance of standby database on one server with data guard but didn't found any. For what I've read up to now, it seems that dataguard can manage up to 9 database but it looked to me as if it was 9 time the same database on different sites...

URL here--> http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/DataGuardOverview.html

If anybody have some experience of the subject I would be glade to have their opinion on the subject.

best regards,

Nicolas
Re: Multiple stand by instance on same server [message #157444 is a reply to message #157221] Thu, 02 February 2006 08:03 Go to previous message
gscen_dba
Hello,

WIth one primary database you can have up to nine standby database.
In your case, you just have to create one standby per production database, on the same server. It just may be slow to have 3 db on one server, and need big space to stock archive from the 3 productions database.

Hope it help you.
Previous Topic: Net configuration
Next Topic: Error creating physical standby , 10g Rel2, Windows 2003
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:47:37 CDT 2024