Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Script Needed -- SQL Statements - Performance Tuning
Script Needed -- SQL Statements - Performance Tuning [message #148889] Mon, 28 November 2005 20:44 Go to next message
reachriah
Hi All
I am working on Performance Tuning on Oracle 10g/ Solaris environment.
My client needs a shell script that gives top 10 Time Consuming SQL Statements...... They dont want to utilize statspack or OEM for somereasons which i dont know. I am wondering if any of you might help me out ....

thanks in advance
riah
Re: Script Needed -- SQL Statements - Performance Tuning [message #149034 is a reply to message #148889] Tue, 29 November 2005 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
Look into the ADDM and other automatic monitoring features that are new to 10g and covered in the performance tuning guide. Most if not all of these have command line interfaces that can be run, or can be run using built in plsql packages that can generate lists, reports, and other helpful information.
Re: Script Needed -- SQL Statements - Performance Tuning [message #149255 is a reply to message #148889] Wed, 30 November 2005 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
You might try using the V$ tables. Check the performance and tuning guide to see which v$ views could help you.
Re: Script Needed -- SQL Statements - Performance Tuning [message #149965 is a reply to message #149034] Mon, 05 December 2005 18:20 Go to previous message
reachriah
thanks for ur reply,

Actually i am looking for AWR,ADDM to implement..

can u please give me some links for AWR and ADDM to implement.. other than the documentation..

thanks for ur reply
Previous Topic: Performance tuning--- Automatic workload repository (AWR &ADDM)
Next Topic: Explain Plan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:50:22 CDT 2024