Home » Infrastructure » Unix » UNIX based ORACLE
UNIX based ORACLE [message #145714] Sat, 05 November 2005 04:10 Go to next message
venkatsp
hi
all

i have Windows based oracle in my PC...windows XP and oralce 9i.. but i want to install UNIX based oralce in my PC...will it possible to install oracle UNIX based and windows based in the same PC..????..( i do not have any knowledge about oralce UNIX based)..can i install oralce on Linux also(will oralce UNIX version will work for Linux also ...

1)can i install oralce on Linux also (will oralce UNIX version will work for Linux also)??

can any one suggest me that versions(which version of UNIX or Linux i have to install ???? and oralce which version i have to install????

thanks

Re: UNIX based ORACLE [message #145837 is a reply to message #145714] Mon, 07 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

--> 1)can i install oralce on Linux also (will oralce UNIX version will work for Linux also)??

yea you can install oracle on Linux also. And oracle UNIX version will not work for Linux, you have to arrange a copy of Oracle for Linux.

--> 2) can any one suggest me that versions(which version of UNIX or Linux i have to install ???? and oralce which version i have to install????

Install latest version of Linux for eg. Red hat Linux 9 and you can install Oracle 9i or Oracle 10g . You can get Oracle software from Oracle's website.

Re: UNIX based ORACLE [message #149324 is a reply to message #145714] Thu, 01 December 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rushikesh

Yes, U can install Oracle in platform Linux.......
1st u copy all the CD of Oracle in Linux .....then in stall it.
Re: UNIX based ORACLE [message #149374 is a reply to message #149324] Thu, 01 December 2005 06:48 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> 1st u copy all the CD of Oracle in Linux .....then in stall it.
Why ?
Though it is inconvenient, I can always mount the media in a CDROM drive.

Previous Topic: Help needed with decompress of .gz file
Next Topic: What would cause ORA-01019: unable to allocate memory in the user side?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:15:15 CDT 2024