Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Warehouse Builder?
Warehouse Builder? [message #145084] Mon, 31 October 2005 17:09 Go to next message
donlcs

Forgive me if this msg sounds a bit off but I really feel cheated. First of all, I'm an Oracle newbie (transplanted from MS SQL Server world). I've installed Oracle 10g like a week ago.

And now I'd like play with Oracle Warehouse features, from the forum and Oracle web site I noticed a package from Oracle called Warehouse Builder (WB), I would think it has cube creation/generation or sample warehouse database comes with it, so, I 'dutifully' went to Oracle web site, locating WB package, downloaded and installed it. The installation process sort of bothers me a bit because it seemed to repeat my previous installation (yes, I choose default setting but the package is named Warehouse Builder!), now. My ENV: windows XP OS., essentially I have two access points to the same damn thing, and no Warehouse Builder icon whatsoever. What the heck is going on?

I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on this.

Re: Warehouse Builder? [message #145149 is a reply to message #145084] Tue, 01 November 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Do you mean you have 2 Oracle homes? That's normal.

Have you read the installation guide and followed all the necessary steps?

Do you have a repository in place?

On my client, I start OWB from here:

/forum/fa/557/0/

MHE

[edit: removed nasty typo]
  • Attachment: owb_menu.JPG
    (Size: 28.13KB, Downloaded 2511 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 01:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Warehouse Builder? [message #145226 is a reply to message #145149] Tue, 01 November 2005 16:14 Go to previous message
donlcs
Thanks for the note. I won't have time to play with it for now.
Previous Topic: Unable to logon to OWB Repository Assitent
Next Topic: "Generic" Oracle Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:08:38 CDT 2024