Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Please Guide me configurative Oracle server plsql mod
Please Guide me configurative Oracle server plsql mod [message #141554] Mon, 10 October 2005 20:18 Go to next message
hungmartin

I have installed Oracle server 9.2 and SQL-Programmer software to develop web application. apache server run well.
- I have configuratived a DAD name: dadtest
- i have developped a package name: packagetest and grant privilege public for this package.
in this package there is procedure name: proceduretest.
i type on Browser with address as following:

http://pcname/pls/dadtest/packagetest.proceduretest

But it can not run.
Please guide me how to Configurative it every things detailly in order that i can run it well.
Thanks
Re: Please Guide me configurative Oracle server plsql mod [message #142802 is a reply to message #141554] Mon, 17 October 2005 15:46 Go to previous message
kmmfoo
Hi --

Your question is about a week old, so I'm not sure if you still want or need an answer, but if you do I recently had to solve this problem, and here's what I know.

First, you need to know how to access the "enterprise manager" on the Oracle Application Server machine. Typically -- assuming it is installed on a computer named "myserver" -- you would connect to it with this URL:

http://myserver:1810

the connection process will prompt you for an operating-system username and password. By default the username is "ias_admin" and the password is whatever the person who did the installation of OAS made it.

Okay, assume you know it and enter it, you're logged on to the Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g for the OC4J server. In the list of "System Components" on that page, click the component named "HTTP Server".

On the resulting page, click the "Administration" tab.

On the resulting page, click the "PL/SQL Properties" command in the list of choices.

On the resulting page, near the bottom you should see a list of "DADs" (Database Access Descriptors) -- since you haven't created one yet there may be none in the list. In any case, click the "CREATE" button.

Next, figure out if you're using PORTAL or NON-PORTAL. In my case it's NON-PORTAL, so I select the radio-button labelled "General". If you want to be able to use it from PORTAL you would click the radio-button labelled "Portal".

On the next page, figure out a name that you want to call this DAD. In your case you would probably call it "DADTest", but maybe not. For this purpose let's pretend it's called "DADTest". If it was a PORTAL DAD you would name it "/pls/DADTest", or if it was a GENERAL DAD you would just name it "/DADTest". (The slashes at the beginning are important!)

Next you need to enter the database username and password that will be used to connect to the database and call the stored procedure. Normally this would be the name of the SCHEMA that you used to create the stored procedure, and its password.

Next you need to enter the "connect string" that will be used to find the database on the network. There are about four choices for how the format would look. In my case I chose the "SIDFormat" option, and entered

myserver:1521:mysid

where "myserver" is the name of the server, 1521 is the default port, and "mysid" is the SID of the database instance.

You also need to tell the NLS Language: in my case it was "AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252" but from your post it appears you may have a different language.

You also need to specify a "Default Page". This is the name of the stored procedure within your schema that would be called if the user didn't specify a stored procedure in their URL. Normally you would enter "Home" in the "default page" entry, then create a stored procedure in your schema that is named "Home".

There's a bug in some versions -- the first time you create a DAD it might force you to enter an authentication type of "SSO". That's fine if you use SSO authentication, but if you don't you need to find the configuration file after you save the changes, and remove that entry. If you aren't using SSO and have a choice of authentication types, normally you would select "BASIC". If it shows "SSO" you need to go to this location on the server:

<oracle_home>\Apache\modplsql\conf\dads.conf

look for your entry, and remove the line that says

PlsqlAuthenticationMode SingleSignOn

(you can comment it out with a "#" sign)

There are a bunch of other options -- documentation path, aliasing, validation functions, exclusion lists -- I don't really know anything about them, so I just leave them blank. But you could study the docs if you wanted to.

Okay, finally you click "Apply" to save it, then it will tell you that you need to restart the HTTP Server process. Do that by going back to the main list, checking HTTP Server, then clicking the "restart" button. After it restarts, go back into the HTTP Server / Administration / PLSQL Properties and see if the new entry is listed and it has a green "up" arrow saying "Connection Verified". If it does, good. If not (if it shows a red down arrow) it probably means you gave it a bad userid, bad password, or bad connect string, or you didn't restart the process. Fix the problems until it shows a green "up" arrow.

Okay, now you want to call your procedure. Open a browser and browse to:

http://myserver/DADTest/packagename.procedurename

or

http://myserver/DADTest/procedurename

where

-- "myserver" is the name of your server,
-- "/DADTest" is the name you specified when creating the DAD
-- "packagename" is the name of your package
-- "procedurename" is the name of your stored procedure.

What should happen is that your stored procedure is called. If you get an error, make sure that your stored procedure has no parameters. If it has any parameters you will need to call it like this:

http://myserver/DADTest/procedurename?parm1=foo&parm2=bar

that is, add the parameter names and values to the querystring that calls the procedure.

If it still doesn't work, please post the error message you are getting. You might also want to check your log files to see if there is more information.

Hope this helps.

Previous Topic: Configuration web server mod plsql
Next Topic: Configurative Oracle server mod PLSQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:20:00 CDT 2024