Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Unable to Import SQL in Discoverer PLus?????
icon5.gif  Unable to Import SQL in Discoverer PLus????? [message #141511] Mon, 10 October 2005 11:37 Go to next message
chanderpa
Hi All,

I'm working on Discoverer 4. I'm trying to import sql into disco but i get error:
Error: No appropriate join found in EUL (possible missing mandatory filter in SQL).

Following is the simple Query:

SELECT
STAG_TRANSACTIONS.TR_ID, LOOKUPS.LOOKUP_TYPE, LOOKUPS.ATTR2
FROM STAG_TRANSACTIONS, LOOKUPS
WHERE LOOKUP_TYPE = 'LE' AND
to_number(LOOKUPS.ATTR11) = STAG_TRANSACTIONS.SEL_LE_ID ;

Both the tables are available in BA as folders with same names. Lookups folder has a calculation item as follows:
Num LE ID = to_number(LOOKUPS.ATTR11)

Folders are joined using following:
Num LE ID = STAG_TRANSACTIONS.SEL_LE_ID

Now i don't understand when both the folders are joined why Oracle has problems.
Mad

I tried everything but nothing worked.

Please suggest..
Re: Unable to Import SQL in Discoverer PLus????? [message #141860 is a reply to message #141511] Wed, 12 October 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skooman
Sorry, but I can't help. But just out of curiousity: why do you want to import a simple statement like this? Why not click the items in Discoverer and have your report running?

Regards,
Sabine
Re: Unable to Import SQL in Discoverer PLus????? [message #143249 is a reply to message #141511] Wed, 19 October 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chanderpa
This is not the actual query, its a sample to simulate the problem. My actual query is much more bigger than this but the situation I've mentioned here is causing main problem.

But i think no one on this forum is able to solve my problem.

Thanks anyways
Re: Unable to Import SQL in Discoverer PLus????? [message #144439 is a reply to message #143249] Wed, 26 October 2005 07:59 Go to previous message
skooman
Little chance you'll be reading this after your last post Wink but just in case:

The missing mandatory filter is lookup type = 'LE'. This should be added to the folder lookupvalues. Reason is that this condition is considered an essential part of the join clause (true, because the join would become quite messy if you leave that part out...).

Regards,
Sabine

PS next time, if working on Oracle apps, include the actual table names, a lot of people can then reproduce what your doing.
Previous Topic: Discoverer 4.1 - want to know if even possible to do something
Next Topic: Report Speed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 01 15:01:58 CDT 2024