Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Can Reports Builder be run as a servlet?
Can Reports Builder be run as a servlet? [message #138199] Tue, 20 September 2005 12:57 Go to next message
Steve F
Hi, We are evaluating adhoc reporting tools, and someone mentioned that I should look to Oracle Reports.

From what I have researched today, several report design tools come with Oracle Reports (Oracle 9i). Our endusers are non-technical back-office support personnel and cannot build reports from scratch. They may be able to make use of the Reports Builder Wizard, but... it would have to be run as a servlet and accessed via a browser (it's a dictated requirement).

Is Reports Builder a thick client app? Is there a better tool in the Oracle Reports suite that can design reports in a web browser?

Thank you..
Re: Can Reports Builder be run as a servlet? [message #138202 is a reply to message #138199] Tue, 20 September 2005 13:20 Go to previous message
kiran
Not sure about running reports as servlets.But you can run the reports in browser.

for more information check this.

--Kiran.
Previous Topic: Is it possible to call Forms from a Report?..
Next Topic: Oracle 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 08:09:10 CDT 2024