Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Parameter passing through Oracle Discoverer Command Line Interface
Parameter passing through Oracle Discoverer Command Line Interface [message #135671] Thu, 01 September 2005 16:21 Go to next message
jimamj
I am new to oracle and discoverer. I have written a few simple batch files to run queries. I can't seem to get a paramater to pass through. I am concerned with dates primarily. I also wanted to know if you could use sysdate or any other automated date function to dynamically change a query parameter. I know I could calculate the date I need in discoverer, but the reference material seems to say I should be able to do it at the command line. I get this in my log file.

Sheet 1: Unresolved parameter.

I can run jobs on reports without parameters without any problems. This is an example.

/connect user/pw@db
/apps_user /apps_responsibility "ResponsibilityName"
/eul EULName
/opendb "user.reportname"
/sheet 1
/parameter "Schedule Date Min" 01-AUG-2005
/parameter "Schedule Date Max" 31-OCT-2005
/export XLS "C\etc...."
/batch

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Re: Parameter passing through Oracle Discoverer Command Line Interface [message #136042 is a reply to message #135671] Mon, 05 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi,

I've tried averything you describe, but it's working here... Tried with and without double and single quotes around the parameter name and the parameter value, etc.

So, the only thing remaining is to experiment with the parameters in Discoverer itself (online, not in batch file). Maybe the dates should be with single quotes or a different format? (although I was pleasantly surprised that it understood 01-aug-2005, 01-08-2005, '01-AUG-05', etc. I wasn't able to confuse it! But maybe there is some required format in your report?).

Good luck!

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Kill the Report Background Engine
Next Topic: custom folder problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 14 05:33:18 CDT 2024